Opening specific project crashes Logic but...

MusiquedeReve
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

So, opening one particular project causes Logic to crash

I have saved it under a new name and it still crashes Logic if it is the first project in Logic that I open

Whereas, if I open another project, then open the offending project, it opens fine

Anyway to determine why this is happening with this specific project and how to fix it?

Thank you and be well

• Solution
try exporting everything out to a 'virgin' logic file, reboot, then see if you can open the new project file...

Yes, that's a good idea to rebuild the project file. You open a new empty template and use File > Import > Logic Projects... to reimport all tracks (including global tracks) to the empty template.

try exporting everything out to a 'virgin' logic file, reboot, then see if you can open the new project file...

Yes, that's a good idea to rebuild the project file. You open a new empty template and use File > Import > Logic Projects... to reimport all tracks (including global tracks) to the empty template.

I just tried this and, after importing, none of the Kontakt instruments played and the Inspector window for those tracks did not show any instrument loaded

OK I figured it out - I had dragged into the new project instead of clicking "Add"

Saved it as a new project and now it opens without crashing

Thank you

As previously mentioned over there... :wink: