Project won't open, and previous versions won't open either?

LiquidCrystal
Go to solution Solved by LiquidCrystal,

Hey guys,

So when I try to open my project Logic crashes during loading the plug-ins. So I tried to open the previous version of the project (I save it as a new version at the end of each day) but that won't load either?

How can this be? I could open the previous version yesterday fine and it hasn't been re-saved since.

Anyone know what the issue is and how/if this can be solved?

Thanks

Open Logic, choose Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio and disable Core Audio. Now try to open your project. If it opens, then you can save it as a copy (to troubleshoot) and start removing 3rd party plug-ins, then re-enabled Core Audio.

Thanks David, yes it opens with Core Audio disabled. Is the issue likely to just be a single plug-in?

It could be, you have to run some tests with different combinations of 3rd party plug-ins disabled until you find the cullprit(s).

Ok thanks, to re-enable Core Audio do you have to close and reopen the project each time? I tried just selecting the box in preferences in and then clicking apply but doesn't seem to work.

Even after you close the Preferences window? Are those plug-ins used for playback?

Ok sorry my fault I think, I originally opened the project while holding control to turn the core audio off but this seems to have caused the problem. I restarted logic with a different project and turned core audio off in preferences, then opened the problem project and now toggling core audio back on makes the plug-ins load.

• Solution

Thanks for your help David. I finally managed to isolate the offending plug-in, not much fun in project with 300 tracks! :lol:

Turns out it was the East West PLAY engine, am only using a single instance in the session but have tested it in a new project as well and it instantly crashes Logic when I try to load it. Gonna go reinstall PLAY which hopefully will resolve the issue.

Thanks again mate, appreciate the assistance! :D