Double speed imports?

LPC

I've been writing a musical. It's presented as a radio play. Dialogue - song - dialogue etc.

I have one project for the complete musical with separate projects for each of the songs.

Up until Wednesday I was simply dragging the latest aiff files of the individual songs into the main project.

On Wednesday I tried to put a remixed version into the project and it was half the size and double the speed.

This hasn't happened before. This was a song that I'd put several times into the project overwriting the original. It was just remixed with no changes to any settings. The main project has had no changes to any settings.

The sample rate on both is 44.1

Any ideas why this might have started and what's the easiest way around it? I read something about importing into itunes first but I'd rather correct it in Logic if I can.

Thanks folks.

Thanks David.

Audio file is 44,100

Project is 44.1

Flex isn't switched on in the main project.

The audio file does not have flex on.

I've made no changes to anything I do and there are no software updates. It started doing this on Wednesday.

Up until Wednesday I was simply dragging the latest aiff files of the individual songs into the main project.

I found that dragging stuff into Logic creates weird behavior sometimes.

I use Add Audio File from the Audio Files window on the right.

Basically I open that window with the F key.

Then I do Control-F and choose my files. In that dialogue I can always preview the file itself.

If you get the same result with this system, you might have project corruption.

Thanks triplets.

I'll give that a go.

In the meantime I've just tried importing other songs into the project and they are working fine so it's something I must have done to the "speeded up" project to change it but I have no idea what it might have been. I'm going to revert to an earlier version of it to see if that works.

fisherking: yes, it started happening Wednesday and it's been rebooted twice since then.

hey triplets, I just tried importing rather than dragging the file and it works!

Dragging the file in it seemed to create the file OK but then a message about analysing it came up and that's when it reduced the size. When I imported the file it analysed the file before writing it.

Weird.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm not sure what was wrong with the file but now it appears to be working so all's good.

Flex isn't switched on in the main project.

The audio file does not have flex on.

Flex cannot be turned on or off at the project level, or at the audio file level. You can turn Flex on or off only for a track (Flex button on the track header), or for a region (Flex parameter in the Region inspector).

The best way to tell that Flex is enabled is to select the audio region in the Tracks area, and look at the Region inspector. Set Flex to Off there and you should see your region resume its original length and playback speed.

2069625980_RegioninspectorFlex.png.ea05d8d4af9f59c288268a6149c56b14.png