App Switcher suddenly not working when Logic is in focus

noisyneil

Anyone else experienced this? I'm on Catalina, and all of a sudden, the App Switcher (cmd+tab) no longer responds while Logic is in focus. It works fine with every other app. Very very odd. I've tried initializing all key commands in case somehow the same key command had been added as a Logic shortcut, but no change. I uninstalled Logic with Appcleaner to remove all preferences and associated files and even reinstalled the OS, and still the App Switcher isn't playing ball. Any help massively appreciated as it's driving me a bit nuts!

It works as expected here. Try to create a new user account on your Mac and see if the app switcher works as expected there?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a new user account and the behaviour went back to normal. Perhaps this means it is a software clash?

I've found a workaround, using Keyboard Maestro. I've told KM to simulate the key stroke "cmd+tab" when I hit cmd+tab, and that works fine, although the switcher still only appears on the internal monitor, but I can live with that. I'd love to be able to isolate what's going on with this, but I suppose all's well that ends well...

I've also noticed that my screens have been reversed: when I load a Logic template, the screen set is now the wrong way round with the mixer on the main screen and the arrange page on the internal monitor. I have a feeling this has something to do with it... I've checked Display prefs and everything's the same, so I can't see why it's gone weird.

Also, since logging back into my main user account, the dock is now on my external monitor for some reason. Grrrr...