Moving projects and losing hard drive space?

LiquidCrystal

Hey guys,

So to make room on my Mac I purchased an external drive to store my Logic projects on. I've moved then deleted my Logic folder containing all my projects from my Mac. This folder is 513 GB, however after deleting it, my Mac only has 346 GB free space? I originally had about 30 GB of space, why did I only gain 300 Gb of space when deleting a 500 GB folder?

Additionally, my project folder now stored externally, is taking up 626 GB of space on my brand new SSD with nothing else on it. Where did this additional 113 GB come from?

Somehow by transferring my projects over I'ver lost 626 GB of space and only gained 316 in return?

By the way, all my projects and saved as packages with all the additional components saved within the project.

I just copied and pasted the Logic folder.

Open the individual projects, open the Project Audio Browser, and double-check the location of each audio file.

Thanks David, I opened a few projects to check this, all the audio was located inside the project package on the new external drive. There are a lot of projects but think they should all be the same as I always save the same way, and I checked the earliest projects to make sure I hadn't saved them differently.

By the way, all my projects and saved as packages with all the additional components saved within the project.

If you only check audio files, and not every component when you save, your projects should be much smaller and not have the bloating issue.

Interesting thanks for the info! Will this affect their transferability though? For example if I wanted to transfer my project to my MBP from my main i-Mac?