Aux Solo Issue

YosserTenThousand

Ok so im going crazy over this, I did do a search but didn't manage to figure it out.

Very simply if I create a normal bus with reverb and solo it in the default post pan mode I can hear the wet only signal. Super duper.

But then I can do the exact same thing on another track and create a new bus and it wont let me hear the wet without having to change it to pre-fader.

I really cant figure out why sometimes I can do this and sometimes I cant. I have tried playing about with different plugins on the bus, audio v midi, different projects etc but no luck.

Please share an example, either in the form of a screenshot of your Mixer during playback (so that we can see the signal on your meters), or even better if possible, share the Logic project file, so that we can experience what you're saying: How to attach files to your post

I think I have part figured it out while preparing my project to upload for you.

When I create a track for my first ever bus in the project and drag it into my drum summing stack it auto assigns the bus out put to the summing stack and this means it plays nicely in solo. When I create tracks for any new busses after that it auto assigns the output direct to the stereo out and doesn't change when it appears on arrange page. However if I drag it out the stack and back in again it changes it and it works as expected with solo (or of course if I just change the output manually).

1. create a summing stack from existing tracks

2. Pick any track in the stack and create a bus

3. Load any plug-ins on bus and make sure it’s getting some level in

4. Click on bus channel strip and create track in main window directly below the track in the summing stack it’s receiving signal from

5. Bus should now solo while hearing only wet as expected

6. Repeat above steps in same track stack for 2nd bus and bus will not initially solo due to its output not adjusting automatically.

What I need is a Logic project along with instructions to experience what's not working as expected. For example: solo track #7, it works as expected, but when you solo track #9 which sends to Bus 12 routed to Aux 17, no signal is routed to Aux 17.

Sorry David, bad explanation from me, I have managed to figure out why it’s happening. I now just have to mindful of the outputs of the bus as above.