Alesis Strike Multipad: Assigning Logic X Drums to Pads

skelby

Hi. I could sure use some help on this. I have the Multipad connected to Logic Pro X as a controller, and it works (I hit the pads and it triggers the drum sounds I have up in Logic) , but I want to assign certain pads to certain sounds. Like, for example, I'd like the bottom left pad as a snare, and the top right as a ride, but it seems like they're assigned kind of random. I can't find anything out there on how to assign a certain pad to a certain drum sound from Logic. Any help would be greatly appreciated (and thanks in advance). -Scott

Depending on your workflow and the instruments you're using, you could use Drum Kit Designer and load the desired sound on each pad in DKD, or you could use a mapped instrument. Or you could program your controller to send the desired MIDI note for each pad (C1 = kick, D1 = snare, F#1 = hi-hat etc... see: viewtopic.php?t=145602#p758346).

You could also use a mapped instrument: https://support.apple.com/en-bh/guide/logicpro/lgcpc37fc656/mac

Hi, David. Thanks for your reply and somebody that's understands this stuff better than I do would probably be set. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to do any of the solutions you listed. I was hoping for something simple like, "Go to the Alesis Multistike; click the Pad button, scroll to some menu item; hit the drum you want to correspond to the bass drum", and click save." That's the way I've always assigned pads on my keyboard midi controllers with pads. I'm sure there's any easy way to do this, but I guess maybe I should post this over at Alesis.com. This just can't be this hard (though I can't find any videos on it). I just want to choose which pad controls which sound from my drum kit in Logic. It's very frustrating.

From the user manual:

649729994_ScreenShot2021-06-24at8_33_45AM.thumb.png.1756fee1f882b421407ab4cceb3c43c0.png

As David suggested, you can look up the note number used for each drum sound in the Logic drum kit and assign the proper note numbers to the pads as you want. Keep in mind that different kits will have more then one kick, snare, etc. and they may use different note numbers. That's why David suggested using the Drum Kit Designer, where you can instead map the drum kit sounds to the existing note numbers of your pads.

If this is still rocket science to you, come back and we can explain further.