Speed up audio non destructively

Harvey Walls

In Final Cut Pro X I am able to speed up or slow down audio by a percentage. How can I do the same in LP? I googled this and found an article that suggests using "Time and Pitch Machine" but It seems this can only be done destructively on the File tab—which to my understanding will permanently affect the actual file.

Also found another article that shows how to hold down the OPTION key and drag the end of the region but that doesn't tell me by how much percentage it was sped up.

Is it possible to do this non-destructively and by specifying a percentage?

Thanks in advance!

I’m editing a podcast and the client wants to speed up some regions but not others slightly. So that I don’t overdo it and for consistency I’d like to know the percentage value of the speed up. And of course if the client asks I'd like ti also be able to tell them the amount of the speed up.

Also, knowing the percentage would allow me to go back to 100% exactly in case I need to.

Thanks

I would engage Flex, then create Tempo Changes in the Tempo Track (which are visually obvious, self explanatory, quick and reversible).

Also, I would do it so well that no producer would even think of asking about the percentage. And I'm dead serious on that. Percentage as a criteria of quality ? Am I allowed to do 3.5 but not 3.6 ? What a load of BS. Only if it sounds great and natural is it of high quality.