No sound. My stereo output has just stopped working all of a sudden.

8trakbeat
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

My stereo output has just stopped working all of a sudden. All tracks show green meters, but nothing out of the stereo output, meaning, no green lights, no sound.

Just prior to this problem, I had deleted some unused plug-ins from Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components. Did I mess something up by deleting those unused plug-ins?

I deleted Zynaptiq INTENSITY, about 40 TR5 plug-ins, and Empirical Labs' Arousor.

I had just figured out that Zynaptiq is not compatible with Big Sur, because it kept crashing a different project. I decided to do a little cleaning

I can't figure out what I did. I tried quitting Logic. I tried restarting the computer. No sound all of a sudden.

I can otherwise get sound, meaning that I can watch Youtube videos and get sound, for example.

I switched Preferences > Audio > Devices to Built-in Output to no avail. Still no sound from Logic.

Thanks!

gear:

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Logic 10.6.2

UAD Apollo Twin DUO

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac18,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 40 GB

System Firmware Version: 429.80.1.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.41f2

That worked! What???

For some bizarre reason, the Fab Filter Pro-L 2 was actually disabled even though it looks like it is on. The plug-in says my trial is over, although I own the plug in. Maybe this is a Big Sur glitch...

In the meantime, for the benefit of anybody else who may encounter the no stereo output issue in the future, I was just on the phone with Sweetwater tech support and they recommended that I update my audio interface software and hardware (in my case, UAD) for the Big Sur OS that I'm on.

That worked! What???

For some bizarre reason, the Fab Filter Pro-L 2 was actually disabled even though it looks like it is on. The plug-in says my trial is over, although I own the plug in. Maybe this is a Big Sur glitch...

Whatever it is, it's your plug-in switched off because it's in a "trial over" mode.

In the meantime, for the benefit of anybody else who may encounter the no stereo output issue in the future, I was just on the phone with Sweetwater tech support and they recommended that I update my audio interface software and hardware (in my case, UAD) for the Big Sur OS that I'm on.

It's important to note that that does not affect your "no stereo output" issue, which is clearly related to your Fab Filter plug-in being in trial mode.