Logic not allowing me to change I/O in audio preferences

stevieyang_2
Go to solution Solved by des99,

When I change the output device it stays like that. So far I have tried restarting preferences, updating drivers for my interface, restarting my mac, updating OS version and even reinstalling all Logic but to no avail. nothing. I can use my interface and it's built-in with no problems in Pro Tools and Ableton. And the sound plays no problem from iTunes and Safari. The logic is the only thing that won't play audio. This seems like a big glitch when REINSTALL doesn't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2021955502_ScreenShot2021-06-23at09_30_27.thumb.png.fea15f35d2c7602e0932227f0aa0788c.png

• Solution

Do you mean the "Initialising audio" dialog hangs when you change devices?

Do you have a lot of plugins? How long are you waiting while Logic re-inits the audio engine? It can take some seconds, depending on how many plugins you have installed.

If you temporarily move your third-party plugins out of the plugin folders, does Logic switch devices quickly now? Lastly, have you tried this is a new temporary user account to check whether the behaviour is related to your user account?

Hi Des99. Thanks for your reply! I tried to use a new user account and it's working, do you know how to fix my old user account? Because I put a lot of my preset and library in that account.

It's possible that the behavior is linked to some of the 3rd party plug-ins you're using. Let's try what des99 suggested: In the Finder, hold down the Option key while you choose Go > Library from the main menu. Then inside your Library folder, go to Audio > Plug-ins > Components and try to move the .component files to a new folder you create (name it "Unused Components" for example). Now try to start Logic?