iCON Platform M+ Crashes Logic

Borders

Hello there,

I've recently purchased an iCON Platform M+ to use as a MIDI CC controller for sampled instruments. It's fairly basic stuff; I'm primarily using faders (no need for transport controls, although I would like to set it up at some point.) I've created a "user-defined" preset in iCON's 'iMap' software to specify the midi-message transmitted by every button, knob and fader on the device. It works as expected in Ableton Live (using AU-plugins), Pro Tools and Cubase.

However, when I record Midi data transmitted from the Platform M+ into Logic, Logic crashes every time the recording stops. The problem seems to be exclusively related to recording midi; as it works when I'm just monitoring and not recording. I can also see the CC-data being recorded in real-time, it's only when I stop the recording that the application crashes.

I get the same result with "capture recording" and all the different record-modes. This happens in all my projects, with both stock and third-party plugins. I do not have the Platform set up as a Control Surface in Logic, and recording midi (including cc-data) from all my other controllers works perfectly fine.

I'm running the latest version of Logic on a 2017 iMac running MacOS Big Sur.

Has anyone here encountered a similar problem in the past? Any ideas about how to solve this?