Stereo Output Clipping but Mastering Bus is not

Breenfactor
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hello, guys.

I have kind of a weird situation, here.

I got my mastering bus(having basically my mixing bus feeding into it, and my mixing bus has all the tracks feeding into it.) with a limiter inserted having an out-ceiling of 0.3 dbFS. So, that bus isn't clipping, but I noticed that the native Stereo Output is.

Cannot really think of why it should be doing so.

• Solution
What happened when you did the basic signal patch troubleshooting (metering signal levels, disabling plugins to watch their effect on the meters etc?) Is your limiter *actually* limiting to -0.3dBFS (some aren't accurate). Are you watching for/metering ISPs? Do you get the same levels if you try a different limiter with the same settings? Is your master fader and stereo output fader set at 0dB?

I don't really know how to thoroughly and properly check it, but I think that if everything is sent to a master bus and then that Munster bus is routed to the Stereo Out, then they should have identical output, am I right?

At least, with other buses sharing the same routing map it is so.

Both Stereo Out and Master VCA Fader are set to 0dB.

Everything's solved. It was just a little distraction of mine. All routing and gain staging was good.

It was just because a part of the track was automated to have the stereo out above 0dB so that's way it was peaking. Everything else was fine.

Thank you very mush for the quick responses as always though :)