Ve Pro multi timbral routing, volume slider

hecksome

Hi folks,

I have a PC running VE Pro with 6 different instances for my orchestral template. For years, in Logic I would just create six different instances of VE Pro on the Logic computer and then add 15 aux channels and assign the proper midi output. This gave me the ability to add a plugin, distortion for example to only the cellos, plus I could use the volume slider to adjust audio volume for the individual instrument.

I recently got Divisimate which allows you to automatically orchestrate multiple midi tracks from one midi performance, and it's highly awesome. Unfortunately I need to be able to record enable multiple midi tracks to use it, and I can't do this with my aux technique described above because there's no record button to click on.

I'm trying to rebuild my template from scratch on the logic side using six multitimbral instances of VE Pro. I'm also adding the aux tracks so I can add plugins, etc. to the individual instruments inside each instance of VE Pro. The trick is, all of the volume sliders in the midi tracks are tied to the first track. I swear there's a way to assign the volume slider to CC 7, but I can't find it anywhere. I want to be able to adjust the volume slider on midi channels 2 through 16 without it effecting the volume of midi channel 1. Is this possible? Any other workflow I should consider?

Ok, so I read this post from yesteryear: https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71798&hilit=Vienna+multi+timbral+volume

And tried downloading the template Ski made up, but... I'm still confused.

I figured out how to make CC 7 control volume in project settings/midi

but when I move the volume slider on the track for midi channel 3, it moves all 16 sliders. Why, oh why, would someone want this to work this way? Is there some setting I need to tick to change this?

Alternatively, can I do some magic in the environment so that the volume slider on the midi channel instead controls the volume of it's respective aux channel?