Output Buses don't seem to work

Dinero

Hey folks, bit confused at the moment. I'm trying to record the output of one instrument track into a separate audio track. When I set the output of the instrument track to a bus, and then set the same bus as the audio track's input, the audio track doesn't seem to receive any signal.

I made a new session just to demonstrate, just with a piano instrument track and a destination audio track for recording.

Really mystified as I've done this more than once in the past and it was pretty straightforward. Just wondering if there's some setting switched on somewhere or if I've run into another bug. Or maybe just something really obvious I've missed :/

Any help would be much appreciated!

AJ

15925204_ScreenShot2021-06-24at07_59_19.png.29ea42bbc8151df80cd181887ab1cce1.png

Apologies, only thought to do that after I'd sent it! The signal seems to send to the Aux channel fine and from there, straight to the Stereo out. It's just the input into the audio track that seems to be off.

Thanks!

251482455_LogicProHelpactive.png.440b8590e85f3a499a670b804bafa4f4.png

Apologies, only thought to do that after I'd sent it! The signal seems to send to the Aux channel fine and from there, straight to the Stereo out. It's just the input into the audio track that seems to be off.

Did you actually press the Record button and see an audio file being recorded on the audio track? It looks like on your screenshot you were just in playback?

Great! :D And if you want to monitor your track during playback then choose Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio, click the "General" tab, and make sure that "Input monitoring only for the focused track (...)" is not selected.

Also go main menu "Record" and uncheck "Auto Input Monitoring" :)