Default audio device - Logic switches to HDMI/screen Audio automatically - HELP!

aseem

Hi Guys, I have an issue which others seem to have as well but I cannot find a solution and I have searched a fair bit. When a screen is plugged in logic switches to HDMI/screen Audio automatically. Is there a way to disable this? I just want to use my audio interface as the default device. So far I have tried the following without luck

1) go into Mac HD - Library - Audio - Plug-ins - HAL and try to remove the driver/file from there but it doesnt exists there. - Also tried this for the User Library path

2) Mac HD - Library - Extensions - Also tried this for the user library path

3) tried deleting from the Audio midi map but couldn't

Is there a solution as it switches to this screens audio everytime I restart the computer, close the monitor screen or unplug and replug the hdmi cable.

Please help :D :D thanks!

I do switch my coomputer off and put it to sleep as I find it helps cool down and not get super hot. I would think that's reasonable. I don't pull the hdmi cable though but it was just noting when the problem happens.

I dint try resetting the entire preferences. I did reset the warning that told logic not to use the screen audio but then logic wouldn't prompt me again. I created an aggregate device from the Audio midi setup and switched to my audio interface and oddly enough the notification for switching the audio to the screen came back and I clicked don't use.. Seems to be resolved. for now. Thanks for the help :D