Logic & Behringer X-Touch with 2 Extenders

ansolas

Hi,

I am currently testing Logic in conjunction with a Behringer X-Touch and 2 extenders.

Is it normal that some green level indicators (not select!) on the X-touch extendes keep illuminated even tho there is no sound playing?

eg:

7IHDWFf.jpg

They even stay illuminated when switching banks.

When I click once on teh desktop and back on Logic, the lights are reset.

Is there a fix for this ?

Edited by ansolas

• 2 weeks later...

The green select buttons (green when selected) have nothing to do with audio playing.

You need to check all of the Control Surface preferences and make sure that you understand what the settings do. If you set 'Touching Fader Selects Track' then if you touch a fader the light should go green.

You need to be aware of 'Bypass All when in background' and how it affects the X-Touch.

If you switch banks the green light may (or may not) still be visible, depends on how you switch banks, or channels.

You need to be aware of the settings in the 'Control Surface Setup' - all of the 'Fader Bank Offset' settings

You need to make sure that the X-Touch and the extenders are all in the same Control Surface Group (on the same row in the display), are arranged as you see them physically, and that each extender has a unique name for the input and output ports.

It's tricky and complicated. In order to properly decide if there is a problem or not it is useful if you can come up with a repeatable set of "press this button", "press this other button", switch applications, press another button sequence...etc.

There'a a whole lot of MIDI data flying around on the X-Touch pipes...

Occasionally I open a project and see 1 segment illuminated on a channel or two. Even on projects where I have a bar of silence before the music starts. After I play the project it seems to sort itself out. It was never a big enough issue to bother trying to trouble shoot so I just ignore it.

Alan.

Occasionally I open a project and see 1 segment illuminated on a channel or two. Even on projects where I have a bar of silence before the music starts. After I play the project it seems to sort itself out. It was never a big enough issue to bother trying to trouble shoot so I just ignore it.

Alan.

Thank you for teh reply!, I hasnt happend since then here.