Downgrading Logic for compatibility on older iMac

grumblepig

I'm heading back to Berlin first time since the pandemic hit. I have an older iMac there, with El Capitan on board. Is there a way, through Apple, I could get an earlier version of Logic that will work with OS 10.11?

Otherwise, is the Sampler available on earlier versions of Logic? I can't remember which version I have on my ancient laptop, as it came with it, secondhand.

Thanks!

My old iMac is also a 2011 - I *think.* I had it partitioned to be able to run Pro Tools 8 via Snow Leopard and El Capitan for Studio One. Not sure if there's a reason my Mac guy didn't want to go higher.

I do use the Sampler all the time... making up for all the times I didn't bother in the 80s!

My situation in Berlin is likely to shift and shift again, so it's not like I'm in position to get all my gear over there up-to-date. The laptop I'll carry over with me is running - probably - 10.3 as well. I'm mostly trying to plan for lo-fi/low-rent contingencies, if that makes sense. I've grown fond of Logic and imagine it'll remain my main DAW, regardless of available version.

If you bought Logic from the AppStore, you should be able to log into the AppStore from any computer with your credentials, head over to Purchased, and download the last version that runs on your OS. In theory...

i always wonder if your avatar pic was taken while you were reading one of my clever & funny posts 8-)