Make IAC driver "one way" only on a single bus

Ploki

I'm trying to setup StreamDeck "Mackie Control" via MIDI plugin.

It works pretty cool if i route it via Cycling 74' Max own virtual midi ports, however IAC breaks everything.

I have it setup like this when via Max ports:

Logic Out (To Max 1) > StreamDeck (From Max 1)

Logic In (From Max 2) > StreamDeck (To Max 2)

I have From Max 1 routed to "to max 1" in Max simple patched. That way whatever logic sends "to max" gets to Stream Deck From Max.

Vice versa for Stream deck.

Wonderful.

If I try to use IAC (separate buses) output, logic explodes and starts sending Mackie garbage to its own input.

It works if i delete IAC from Physical input in the environment. But that's annoying band the port setup changes everytime you add/remove a device, it's simply a nuisance.

is there a way to force logic to ignore IAC driver if i use it with controllers?

How do you delete IAC from Physical input?

in environment under "click and ports", per project - but you have to manually remap every other port then.

sorry i don't delete it from physical input, i disconnect it.

i want to delete it from physical input.

it's really to bad because actual play state updates in stream deck.

I can't make it work via normal midi CC because logic refuses to send feedback for keycommand controls under controller assignments.

I'm still not entirely sure what you mean by "disconnect it". You can cable it into something, for example a monitor object, in order to make sure it's not routed along with the SUM output of the Physical Input object... but maybe that's what you meant by "disconnect"? Not sure.

By leaving it as the only unconnected port from physical input. Not sure how to fix this loopback tho

By leaving it as the only unconnected port from physical input. Not sure how to fix this loopback tho

Ok so when you're leaving it unconnected, that means all the data coming from that sources is routed to the SUM output of the physical input object: to the sequencer input. That may, in turn, create a feedback loop which may result in unexpected behavior.

So in order to truly "disconnect it" you have to actually connect it to some dead-end destination, such as for example a Monitor object that itself isn't routed to anything else. Then Logic will subtract data coming from that source from the SUM output of the physical input object.

But i need to make a template for it. That should be a global setting, logic shouldn’t route what it sends as controller to IAC back into itself. That makes no sense, the moment you reserve a port for controller it should be yeeted from physical input

Thanks for the tip tho - definitely less clicks.

Just set it up like I suggested and save it as a template.

Logic does not route the IAC back into itself, IAC is a bus. Anything you route to a bus is available on that bus, to any app, including Logic.

Yeah loopbacks sometimes confuse me lol.

I think problem is that logic doesn't exclude IAC bus from its inputs when you set it as output for a controller, and mackie control is an endless stream of notes that are then routed to the sequencer