Logic controller assignments feedback

Ploki

You can assign keyboard shortcuts to "assignments" and there's a feedback field (i.e. play state that gets reported to dedicated controllers), but if set up a MIDI CC that can also receive state, logic doesn't appear to send state back for key commands. (i.e. automation read, and similar)

I'm pretty sure you can't get feedback from a key command, no.

It's a midi assignment for a function tho so it's in controller assignments.

Can you get ANY feedback for something that's not built into logic or supported controllers?

Feedback is a bit of a black box. As best as I can see, it's really a function of the control surface module in use, so if you're not using a particular supported control surface module (eg, the MCU), no feedback gets sent.

When you are using a control surface module, it seems the feedback code is contained in that bundle, so can't be changed, but can be used as is (and I do use it on stuff that's in some state of development.)

But yes, as far as I know / can remember, you can't use feedback on general manual, non-control surface assignments.