Your Favorite Electric Guitar VST

Christopher11
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hey guys! Quick question. I am looking for a guitar VST, something with multiple sounds and effects that I can play with a keyboard. I lean towards distorted electric guitars, stadium loud, with an emphasis on vibey, film scorish type sounds. I'm not very interested in pre made samples and riffs. I wondered if you had any thoughts... what are your favorites? Heavyocity is one I was considering.

I like the sounds, volume swells and other cool stuff, but again, there is little in the video that indicates you can play phrases via keyboard.

How about Orange Tree Evolution guitar VST? What are your favorites? Thanks so much for any replies.

the ample guitar plugins are great; (i have the "LP")... but it's all i have (so nothing to compare it to); i like playing it, and usually add logic's pedalboard effects, or the amp plugins.

for a lot of people, what they use is what they 'like' (for example, someone who uses one particular piano plugin & thinks it's 'the best'.).

the ample guitar plugins are great; (i have the "LP")... but it's all i have (so nothing to compare it to); i like playing it, and usually add logic's pedalboard effects, or the amp plugins.

for a lot of people, what they use is what they 'like' (for example, someone who uses one particular piano plugin & thinks it's 'the best'.).

I only discovered the Ample biz the other day, probably via your post. I know I'm oblivious to the world of guitar VSTs, but I was certainly impressed.

That's by Arcade? Their stuff is great. The Output Exhale is stunning. I'll check it out. Have you checked out the Heavyocity? Interesting.

That's by Arcade? Their stuff is great. The Output Exhale is stunning. I'll check it out. Have you checked out the Heavyocity? Interesting.

no, it's not arcade, it's this: https://amplesound.net/en/index.asp

i often need electric, but not 'heavy' guitars, so like having the option to add distortion pedals & amps. anyway, i bought this one, it works for me...

i often need electric, but not 'heavy' guitars, so like having the option to add distortion pedals & amps. anyway, i bought this one, it works for me...

The demos sound ridiculously good. I wonder how this would load and perform on Mac OS.

https://amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=1

Hey guys! Quick question. I am looking for a guitar VST, something with multiple sounds and effects that I can play with a keyboard. I lean towards distorted electric guitars, stadium loud, with an emphasis on vibey, film scorish type sounds. I'm not very interested in pre made samples and riffs. I wondered if you had any thoughts... what are your favorites? Heavyocity is one I was considering.
I like the sounds, volume swells and other cool stuff, but again, there is little in the video that indicates you can play phrases via keyboard.

How about Orange Tree Evolution guitar VST? What are your favorites? Thanks so much for any replies.

Indiginus Torch Electric Guitar

Indiginus Renegade Electric Guitar

• Solution

Have a look at Strum from AAS:

• Both electric and acoustic guitars included in a single app (useable as solo or as plugin)
  • This is modeling synthesis, not sampling: light CPU/disk footprint and highly customizable.
  • Over 200 guitar sounds presets included, each customizable at will.
  • More than 800 extra presets also available in different bank styles
  • Fx included: Reverb, Delay, Wah, Spring rvb, Compression, etc...
  • Different playable modes, all using the keyboard.
  • Free demo available.

Highly recommended!

The demos sound ridiculously good. I wonder how this would load and perform on Mac OS.

https://amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=1

that's the one i use, and works great!

• Both electric and acoustic guitars included in a single app (useable as solo or as plugin)
  • This is modeling synthesis, not sampling: light CPU/disk footprint and highly customizable.
  • Free demo available.

Highly recommended!

Thank you! Sounds cool.

• 3 weeks later...
I have found the Evolution Rock Standard to be pretty good. It can be very versatile. The strumming engine is OK, and for some things I prefer the Ample Sound guitar strummer, but I do not have an Ample electric, only acoustic guitars (which are also very nice).

I think the Ample Guitar "engine" is one of the best but I had to stop using the ones I have because the samples, when you really investigate, are poor sounding. It's not just tuning, which can kinda be adjusted in the plugin, but also the quality of many of the string plucks is just bad.

I have noticed tuning/sample issues on a LOT of sampled guitars. It baffles me as to how they could let instruments be released like that.

I have the Vir2 Acou6tics Kontakt library and I've actually re-saved a few of the instruments as patch and uncompressed samples and then, one by one, tuned and replaced the samples that needed it (and it's the vast majority). The quality of these samples is worlds better than the acoustic samples I checked in Ample Guitar plugins…and with the tuning I can actually use them.

I have found the built-in Electric Guitar software instruments to be instructive. The Sampler "DI" tone is useful. The Pedalboard and Amp plug-ins go a long way to making "keyboard playable" guitar parts.

I have been using Amplitube 5 to good effect as well. If I can't find something suitable using the Logic built-ins I can usually get something workable out of Amplitube.

I think the Ample Guitar "engine" is one of the best but I had to stop using the ones I have because the samples, when you really investigate, are poor sounding. It's not just tuning, which can kinda be adjusted in the plugin, but also the quality of many of the string plucks is just bad.

I have noticed tuning/sample issues on a LOT of sampled guitars. It baffles me as to how they could let instruments be released like that.

I have the Vir2 Acou6tics Kontakt library and I've actually re-saved a few of the instruments as patch and uncompressed samples and then, one by one, tuned and replaced the samples that needed it (and it's the vast majority). The quality of these samples is worlds better than the acoustic samples I checked in Ample Guitar plugins…and with the tuning I can actually use them.

i dunno, i think the ample guitar sounds great; sounds like a real instrument, instead of a 'mathematically-correct guitar emulation'. anyway, it works well for me (when i use it).

• 3 weeks later...

• Free demo available.

Highly recommended!

Wow, this is a great plug-in. I'm playing with the demo.

• Free demo available.

Highly recommended!

Atlas, totally agreed. I actually have Strum, and am using it currently. However, please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems it only works with parts I play with another VST and then drop onto Strum track in the Arrange window? In other words, it doesn't seem to have sounds I can call up and play with like a normal VST, to demo the guitar sounds and settings. I have to play them on another track first. I'm sure it's me. Can you tell me how to remedy this? Thank you.