Making a note pop at the end of note

JCA

Hi all. I have created a bass pad that I want the note to kind of "pop" at the end of each note. I guess it is like doing a quick filter sweep on the end of each note.

I am trying to avoid automation so I was wondering if anyone had any tips to achieve this. At the moment I have tried using a send to an aux sticking a reverb on the aux and then compressing the reverb signal using the source notes so the reverb engages at the end of each note. This kind of works but it is obviously not too defined. Is there some note property trickery I could use to drive a filter? I have spent a while playing around in Alchemy but no joy yet. Any ideas or tips would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

J.

No Fisherking you are not dreaming. At least I dont think you are?

the second response seems more like what I am after. Can't believe I did not think of the mseg.

Thanks peeps. I will give the mseg filter amp thing a go.

J.

No Fisherking you are not dreaming. At least I dont think you are?

the second response seems more like what I am after. Can't believe I did not think of the mseg.

Thanks peeps. I will give the mseg filter amp thing a go.

J.

hmmm... i dreamt you'd say exactly that. seriously, let us know if ennosified's idea does the trick.

Create a Track Stack then, create a script to listen to NoteOff events, then play a note after the NoteOff but only for the instrument that has that script on it.

What this does is leave the first instrument playing then a second instrument (or more) will play after the NoteOff.

Here's (hear's :mrgreen: ) what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Sorry for the late response.

Great suggestions and examples. The scripting one is great but beyond me. I do not know how to code but it does exactly what I am after. The Es2 example also does the correct thing but i do not use it, but that encouraged me to investigate further with alchemy and indeed there is a note end property in the modulators that does what I am after.

But whenI have time I am going to dive into both those examples and try to work em out. There must be a way of doing the es2 xy envelope modulation in alchemy. Thanks. James

Thanks so much, thats awesome. Gotta start learning some coding. I started a Python course but I gotta say I found all that typing counter to the creative process. I will persevere as you clearly can do magical stuff with sound and pictures if you can code. Cheers.

J.