10.6.2 update broke Logic

Tony Raudhd

Hi guys,

I updated Logic to 10.6.2 because I was mixing a project and the dreaded laggy sidechain bug started happening.

The update fixed this behavior, but now I have a new HUGE problem. Plugins can't seem to access my external hard drive.

Some plugins can't find the license on my external SSD, Kontakt can't find the libraries and even the Logic Sampler can't find the samples even when I locate the files manually!

I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2018 iMac and I have no intention of updating to Big Sur (given the track record of major OSX updates compatibility with plugins).

Edited by Tony Raudhd

I'm pretty sure it's well documented that 10.6.2 requires Catalina or later.

FYI: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OERErBm7jVp550BxK-DYOkzG97dl1Ganq2Ahmfv_Y1w/edit#gid=0

Yeah I'm on Catalina. I mentioned the fact that I don't want to update to Big Sur just because I haven't see anyone else encounter this issue... and I guess it could have something to do with an incompatibility between Catalina and Logic version 10.6.2 OSX.

I personally think 10.6.2 broke as much as it fixed. I rolled back to 10.6.1 myself. Sorry to bear this news, bt that's how I see it for now.

It's definitely worth making backups of your recent Logic versions before updating so that you can easily roll back should you find that the newer one doesn't work for your situation: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157172&p=823896#p823906

I personally think 10.6.2 broke as much as it fixed. I rolled back to 10.6.1 myself. Sorry to bear this news, bt that's how I see it for now.

Don't know, it works fine for me except for this one issue. What bugs/issues have you encountered after the update?

It's definitely worth making backups of your recent Logic versions before updating so that you can easily roll back should you find that the newer one doesn't work for your situation: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157172&p=823896#p823906

Yeah I do weekly backups so I can roll back any time I want, but for mixing I need to stay on the latest update.

I guess I'll have to switch from the older version to the updated one whether I'm producing or mixing.

Do you have an idea of how I can switch between them relatively fast? When I open an old project I think it automatically loads the app that's in the Applications folder right?