Logic 10.6.3 update + New Features/Enhancements info

jacou

Important part to note that I left out- this error occurs when using the latency-inducing sidechain plugin on a bus/aux, its working fine directly on tracks.

So to summarize:

With a ZERO LATENCY sidechain plugin (such as a compressor etc without lookahead or oversampling etc) the sidechain delay compensation now with 10.6.3 works brilliantly, even when placed in between lots of high latency plugins. Works on both tracks and buses now.

However- when using a latency inducing sidechain plugin (one that adds latency within itself, such as any plugin with lookahead and or oversampling turned on for example Fabfiter C2 or MB, or Soothe 2 which always adds latency) - then that signal won't be latency compensated when used ON A BUS/AUX. It does work when using on a track though.

Hope all this is clear. Very easy to troubleshoot with the flamming technique (soloing original percussive sound and auditioning the sidechain signal from the plugin)

Important part to note that I left out- this error occurs when using the latency-inducing sidechain plugin on a bus/aux, its working fine directly on tracks.

So to summarize:

With a ZERO LATENCY sidechain plugin (such as a compressor etc without lookahead or oversampling etc) the sidechain delay compensation now with 10.6.3 works brilliantly, even when placed in between lots of high latency plugins. Works on both tracks and buses now.

However- when using a latency inducing sidechain plugin (one that adds latency within itself, such as any plugin with lookahead and or oversampling turned on for example Fabfiter C2 or MB, or Soothe 2 which always adds latency) - then that signal won't be latency compensated when used ON A BUS/AUX. It does work when using on a track though.

Hope all this is clear. Very easy to troubleshoot with the flamming technique (soloing original percussive sound and auditioning the sidechain signal from the plugin)

Could you create a project that shows the issue with a single software instrument track, and upload that in a new thread in the « Bugs » forum? It would make it easier for the Logic developers to analyze. Thank you!

Does anyone know if the issue with the chaotic reassignment of busses, tracks and software instrument assignments discussed in another thread was fixed?

Also the (seemingly related) issue of the metronome dropping out?

Would Apple normally state that these issues were addressed or just quietly fix them without any mention in the update list?

Does anyone know if the issue with the chaotic reassignment of busses, tracks and software instrument assignments discussed in another thread was fixed?

Also the (seemingly related) issue of the metronome dropping out?

Would Apple normally state that these issues were addressed or just quietly fix them without any mention in the update list?

They would normally state those issues are addressed, if not exactly worded like that.

The only things that sometimes get fixed without a mention are very small things, but usually the update lists are very comprehensive as to what was done.

I've not had time to install it yet (world's slowest broadband here), but I really hope it solves the issue of the Steinberg HALion AU plug-in no longer working in LPX.

I've asked Steinberg about this many times and have been assured it's an Apple problem

HALion now works properly with Logic again. Hooray!

• 2 months later...
I don’t know what is PDC bug

That one: Plug-in Delay Compensation broken with external side-chain

Can you please tell us when they'll finally fix PDC once and for all

I'm afraid the issue is much more complex than it may seem as apparently every little fix they come up with breaks something else. There are so many different possible signal routing configurations that it is apparently a real challenge for developers to determine a behavior that will make sense for all of them.

I don’t know what is PDC bug

That one: Plug-in Delay Compensation broken with external side-chain

Can you please tell us when they'll finally fix PDC once and for all

I'm afraid the issue is much more complex than it may seem as apparently every little fix they come up with breaks something else. There are so many different possible signal routing configurations that it is apparently a real challenge for developers to determine a behavior that will make sense for all of them.

Yup, the timing of plugins such as LFO Tool and Tremelo are still broken on channels using Sidechain or heavy plugins since 10.6.2, including still in 10.7... Still not fixed.

Happily, side chain on busses now is in time... but, the issue above is a big issue because if yo have the timing of a tremolo locked to the track, then add more stuff, the timing changes, and you have to "guess" where to put the offset to get it back... Which is a massive loss in trust on repeatability as you build up or go back to or clean up sessions.

• 2 years later...