Proposed Logic Colours Upgrade

Music Spirit

Logic 7 had two vital features which have never been replaced: 1/ Lockable floating windows which could be sized very small ie perfect for keeping an eye on notes in a linked Piano Roll Window within say the Score Editor - ideal for working on single screen setups or lap tops). 2/ Much brighter vivid better colour implementation.

It baffles me that dull illogical selection of colours available since Logic 8 has not been changed. And the normal Mac colour spectrum features have not been integrated into Logic.

Programmers: surely this is a no brainer?

Advertising/sales department: isnt this a no brainer to make the product look good via really great coloured Regions in glossy brochures etc?

Education Department: isnt this a no brainer in terms of appealing to UK secondary school music students most of whom use Logic on a Mac for their GSCE and A Level courses.

Vital colour upgrade needed in two areas:

1/ Reset the Colour Palette so that the colours are fully differentiated - really visibly different and restore a proper RED like Logic 7 had.

2/ When Right Clicking on a Note Head to change it's colour for educational purposes make sure that the colour options do not pointlessly repeat themselves and add a basic YELLOW

I loved the frameless floating windows that you could resize to taste. Back then it was worth spending some time making your own custom screensets. I suppose the new consolidate main window is cleaner looking, if not as customizable.

As for the color palette, lots has been said and petitions have been signed, suggestions have been made etc... and still nothing. I personally don't get it. I'm not a big fan of the choice between a brownish orange, a more brownish-orange, a darker brownish orange and a duller, darker brownish orange. Why can't I have lighter colors? I believe I heard the argument to keep the interface dark and not too flashy so that users can focus on the music, but sometimes it can be useful to have bold, contrasting colors to quickly identify things.

While I do enjoy the new cleaner look, I wish we had a few more customization options.

I agree about those frameless floating windows. Super useful.

Even L6 colour scheme was better than L8 and compared to L8, as far as I'm concerned, LX is far far nicer on the eyes. I Love the dark theme without all the white/bright screaming at you. What I don't like is the lack of differentiation in the Main Mixer, hence I use the Environment mixer where possible where you can see easily between channel strips, but Apple seems to be stripping things out of the environment over the years : (.

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think the best answer to this is make the interface colour scheme as fully customizable as possible natively, not having to rely on 3rd party, which may not work after an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Mistaken assumptions above led by me - apologies to Logic Pro X programmers ( who havent perhaps caught up with the threads here LOL)

You CAN after all colour the notes in the Note Colour Palette anyway you want by selecting the note and using the usual Apple Colour globe thing to choose. I've no idea why I ( or anyone else - no blame! ) didnt discover this earlier ( including the very helpful tech at Logic Pro Coloriser whom I googled and contacted after Atlas's mention above).

But it is still very clunky to assign a colour to a note in the Score Editor - you have to Right Click it and go through the menus by hand etc and you cannot select multiple notes ...

... or so it seems exploring the Key Commands available around 'Color'

561084352_Screenshot2021-07-31at17_50_59.thumb.png.4fcc0b101460f746ceeabc9502fd59e7.png