New iMac

Zipfunk

So I’m in the unenviable position of having to buy a new iMac. I use the 27” ones as they have more USBs and two thunderbolt (for extra monitors)

I’m looking at the 3.3ghz 10 core i9 machine.

That’s plenty more than I have now. But I have 24 gigs of RAM and I was wondering if 16 was good enough to run logic with bigger projects. Some of my projects are 20ish tracks of orchestral samples running off an external SSD with a fair bit of processing (not a stupid amount)

If 16 gigs isn’t enough I’ll have to go for 32 but the $750 would be far happier in my pocket than someone else’s.

I would running an internal ssd for the HD

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I think I will wait. I didn't know new Macs were on the way (I guess I should always assume a new mac is on the way)

Thank you guys. Both good points.

a lot of us expected to see new macs this summer. so now the rumor is: fall. but this is apple, so there may be something, maybe not. if not, probably winter. ad infinitum.

if you're not in desperate need, i think you're smart to wait. then, if nothing shows up by september/october, you can do what triplets suggested (he's right about most things, unless he disagrees with me) 8-)