Add Swing to an Audio Region After Using Smart Tempo

Mark1971

Hi,

So, I'm late to the party but I just found out about Smart Tempo and how amazing

it is for "warping" audio (like Live does). Now, let's say I have a vocal that I want

locked to the bpm of my track. I drag it in, smart tempo will analyze it and then

locks it to the bpm. Can I then add swing to that audio without adding artifacts?

Yeah that should work. If you experience artefacts though double check that the makers land at a good spot, namely not in the middle of a transient.

Also check the track to see that you either have the Monophonic or Flex Pitch mode enabled for best results. Although sometimes Rhythmic will work well. Thats essentially like Slicing where it cuts the audio at the transient markers and aligns it without any time stretching. The main difference is that Rhythmic will use a portion of the tail to fill inn any gaps. This can be the most transparent method as long as it plays ball and you don't need to retune the pitch or anything.