Trying to Open Logic X without using 3rd Party Plugins - AU Scanning Nightmare!!

daveohiggins

Folks,

Am in urgent need of help. I have an iMac with hundreds of 3rd Party Plugz installed - eg Waves, iZotope, Soundtoys etc.

I need to take some Logic projects with me on business on my second computer, a 2018 MacBook Pro.

But when I try and open the project file in Login on the MBPro, the Waves plugins won't load - I get a popup saying 'Scan licence' for Waves API 550 (or any other of the 221 Waves plugins I've got. And so when I press 'Skip' , I go to the next plugin - and have to go through ALL 221 of them individually!

Opening a project takes 15 minutes of clicking each time, a total nightmare. Why Waves haven't introduced a 'Skip All' single button to open is utterly beyond me.

I've heard that opening Logic in safe mode - clicking Shift+control+Login X icon, is supposed to open projects without 3rd Party plugins. But this does NOT work, I've tried it 30 times now. I even tried Control+shift+Logic X icon, And other combinations - including clicking on the Login icon in the Applications folder. Nothing doing.

No luck!

Any ideas, maestros??

If you want to turn Core Audio off and skip loading plugins, run Logic, then immediately hold the Control key while it's loading. When prompted, choose not to launch core audio. You'll have no audio, but will be able to load your project.

I'm sure you can use Waves tools to authorise your Waves plugins en masse (or uninstall them if you don't have a licence or if necessary etc).

I don't know where you got the various modifiers while clicking on the Logic app icon thing. There are no such features...

Thanks des99,

But the thing is I do want to be able to hear the audio!

I could do the uninstall on Waves but I'd like to be able to quickly open projects on the fly on either Mac without all that hassle each time. Surely there's a way apart from the Shift+Control + open Logic, or am I grasping?

I'm not sure why you have a bunch of Waves plugins but they are unlicensed. Surely you can just license them and they'll just initialise silently/normally? If you don't want to use them, I'd suggest uninstalling them.

You can't have installed plugins on your system that Logic doesn't see - apps are designed to see all installed plugins.

Hmm, Waves seem to be a bit stingy in this regard, many devs let you have at least two activations.

Waves do give you a second activation, but only for products in a valid WUP. In any case, they offer a way to move licenses between computers which might help - detail here:

https://www.waves.com/support/using-waves-plugins-on-multiple-computers

But I'd guess the easiest solution is to uninstall the Waves software on this machine, and not be bothered by them again. I'm guessing that if you just let Logic start, and untick all the unlicensed Waves plugins in the plugin manager, it probably would still give you this issue, but might be worth a try on a few of the plugins just to check the behaviour...

I found the "USB Flash Drive" method of authorizing Waves plug-ins to be the simplest to deal with, even though I have to find a way to plug the USB Flash Drive in to my MacBook Air with USB-C connections...I use a hub...I can connect my iLok and the flash drive and get the plugins to work.

I have been using the Waves Update license on the second machine, but I'm probably not going to renew - $100+ for plug-ins that I use, well, basically never...