Right Mouse Button

TrueToons

A month or two (?) ago, my right mouse button stopped activating the assigned tool (as set in preferences), and instead opens the Shortcut Menu.

In fact, I can set the function of the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON to: "Is Assignable to a Tool" "Opens Tool Menu" OR "Opens Shortcut Menu" (any of the first three options) and the right click always ONLY opens the Shortcut Menu. If I choose "Opens Tool and Shortcut Menu" it actually DOES that.

I used to be able to use the right click as a third tool. The third tool icon is still showing in the menu bar, and I can select a tool in the dropdown which then displays as the available tool. I thought it might be fixed in the update to 10.6.3, but it is not. Do I need to change some other setting as well, to recover this function?

I reset the preferences, and restarted Logic, but when I go in again to set the Preferences>General>Editing preference for Right Mouse Button, I still get only the Shortcut Menu on right-click for ANY of the top three options (as described above); the "Opens Tool and Shortcut Menu" actually does that. I know it worked as advertised when I first set it up as "Is Assignable to a Tool" a few months ago. I can work around this by changing my Command-Click Tool as needed, but . . .