AUTO SAVE

Prod.By.Jinx

I have been working on a project for a couple hours but haven't saved it. i just recently opened another project, keeping my previous one open. When i shut down my other project i accidentally shut down my new one too. I cannot find the autosave anywhere and theres no file anywhere for it. Can anyone help?

first, as we discuss here all the time, NEVER open more than one project at a time; logic does not do well with more than one project opened, and sometimes, all hell breaks loose.

and worth getting in the habit of clicking command-S regularly... just to be safe.

you might check the music folder in your home folder for an 'untitled' logic project (you can check the date on that file too).

save often!

A frequent cmd-S habit as a rule generally never lets you down.

I pretty much commit any time I've done anything I don't want to lose (regardless of the app), which is often every minute or two.

i hit command-S (i don't even think about it anymore), anytime i do anything significant to a project (altho auto-save has saved me numerous times). between those two things, it's easy to not lose work these days...

My left thumb on the Command key, my left index finger on the S key, that's my natural position when producing music. I must do it every few minutes if not every few seconds. I also diligently save iterative versions of my progress every 20mn or so. Finally, a strict backup regimen on a removable disk and/or FTP servers.

I've never relied on any auto-save feature, although I do suppose at some point in the future I'll install a Time Machine backup drive. But I like the manual control.