Project Cleanup via the Project Browser

Maestro777

Will selecting and deleting audio files in the Project browser delete only the files in my working Project Alternative or will I risk deleting files used in my other Project Alternatives as well?

Also, are muted files in my session treated as "unused" files in the Project Browser that would also be deleted?

I want to only remove files being used in my working Project alternative in effort of increasing the performance since I'm having serious issues right now.

Project alternatives are still "in" the project file, and reference the same media. Do not delete media from your project folder.

Files in your session are in your session, so they are not "unused", even if you can't hear them. they are used because they a referenced in your session.

Removing audio files from your project anyway isn't going to impact performance. What "serious performance issues" are you having at the moment, precisely?

will I risk deleting files used in my other Project Alternatives as well?

Yes, you do risk deleting files used in your other project alternatives.

Also, are muted files in my session treated as "unused" files in the Project Browser that would also be deleted?

No, muted files are not selected when choosing Select Unused. What's deleted is whatever is selected when you choose a Delete function.

I want to only remove files being used in my working Project alternative in effort of increasing the performance since I'm having serious issues right now.

Other than taking up room on your hard drive, unused audio files won't affect performance issues so you may want to look elsewhere?

WHATEVER you elect to do: if you're cleaning up a project folder and deleting unused audio files, then first make sure you make a complete backup of the entire project folder on another disk, and disconnect the disk. THEN you can safely do your cleaning up and deleting audio files: should something go wrong, you have a full back up on that other disk.

EDIT: Just noticed that des99 said pretty much everything I said, only earlier. :lol: