spacing out regions...

fisherking

ok, maybe it's me who's spacing out, and this should be obvious...

am right now in the middle of a project; i have someone reading her poem over music; i have her read split up into about 30 regions. i want to... space them out, make the whole thing happen with more space between phrases; ie to take more time.

simple path to that?

Lower the tempo?

Although I'd probably zoom out to see the entire timeline, select all the regions except the first one, and move them back a bit, then deselect the first of the selection, move them back, deselect the first of the selection, move them back etc...

Lower the tempo?

d'oh! yes, of course. thought i did that once and regions got shortened... or something. thanks, am working it out now.

EDIT: right; it (obviously) affects other audio files, so a continuous (but edited) piano gets split up. i reverted the tempo. joined all the piano regions, and all is well. thanks again!

d'oh! yes, of course. thought i did that once and regions got shortened... or something.

They appear to be shortened visually, but audio always plays back the same way (unless you have turned Flex on for that track).

got it. but the piano piece, about 5 regions, naturally, got broken up & i had to reassemble it, so it would be one region... and not affected by the tempo change.

a few years ago, i tried this, and i SWEAR the regions got shorter (not that they just looked shorter). they didn't play thru, were cut off.

anyway, worked beautifully, and it's simple. simple is good for people like me 8-)