Project appears in 'recent' when I right-click LPX icon, but doesn't open

bfhodapp

I cannot find my project anywhere on my macbook and when I try to open from the right click 'recents' that pop up they do not do anything--it doesn't even open LPX. This happened to about 75% of my projects. For some reason, a few are unharmed. It doesn't follow a chronological pattern. Some projects from a year ago are ok and projects from two weeks ago are ok.

Any ideas on how to open these projects? I tried the 'command' and 'control' key fixes I have seen on the internet. Also tried importing, but could not find the original projects in the Logic Pro X file to import.

1527596092_ScreenShot2021-07-25at11_03_48PM.thumb.png.3c46c5334dd39e850e94a8427d3ba859.png

1994601656_ScreenShot2021-07-25at11_03_48PM.thumb.png.021e5392c81078310c6b64b7e8d7f8c4.png

After attempting to open the project, do you see the Logic main menu on top of the screen ? If so, try go Window > Open Main Window...

It does not open the logic main menu at the top of the screen when I attempt to open using the recents tab. The project on the right is what all the projects that don't open look like if this helps! Thanks for the help, Jakob!

1203630614_ScreenShot2021-07-26at5_53_46AM.png.1f02aa134fc8e5721b8648b7042ff67a.png

what folder do you save projects to? check there. or do a search in spotlight for your files. or open logic, and go to file>open recent.

i've seen the generic icon on logic in a couple of projects currently on the monterey beta... but all of them open. perhaps save all your projects in a main folder, ie home>music>"logic projects" (or whatever you want to call it); and put that folder in the siderbar (or an alias on your desktop) so it's easily accessibile.

just some ideas...

I'll also add as a general thing - if there are people who have no idea where their projects, audio recordings or files are being saved to, and only rely on things like "Open recent..." mechanics to get to them, sooner or later *you will lose your files*.

They won't be backed up, they'll get corrupted, forgotten about, left over in a computer migration, lost and so on...

Choose one place to store files (Logic helps with this) and always save there. This means that everything will be in one place, you'll be able to backup easily, you won't lose where stuff is, and stuff will get migrated when you move computers.

if you can't answer the question "Where is this project saved?", you've got bad computer habits - avoid the inevitable problems, by *always knowing where your files are*.