Slide delete event in Event List editor (swipe left gesture), how to turn that off

Atlas007

In the Event List editor, it is possible to mouse drag to the left (or use a left swipe on a magic mouse or track pad) to delete or show a delete red button to the right of that event.

1736070200_Image2021-07-26at04_43.jpg.8dbc97f9ae78d3536ed5378a0ce6ffc0.jpg

However, that feature has a life of its own and sometimes, just hovering the mouse pointer over an event triggers it. Very annoying and nerve-wracking over time as it happens very often periodically

Thus, as the title indicates, I am looking for a way to turn that feature off.

Any idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

If you're accidentally triggering this, by what input method are you using? Regular mouse, magic mouse, track pad, other?

I use a regular mouse (and MBP track pad), and can honestly say I've never accidentally triggered a swipe delete gesture - maybe it's more prevalent with other input methods?

(And if it's the Magic Mouse, then all bets are off - it's a horrible mouse, and I hate that thing! :D)

In fact with a regular mouse, you *can't* activate that gesture, as anything you click on is a value field which just alters the value anyway. I have to double-finger swipe left on the trackpad to delete that way, which is not a gesture I can accidentally trigger under normal use.

If you're accidentally triggering this, by what input method are you using? Regular mouse, magic mouse, track pad, other?

I use a regular mouse (and MBP track pad), and can honestly say I've never accidentally triggered a swipe delete gesture - maybe it's more prevalent with other input methods?

(And if it's the Magic Mouse, then all bets are off - it's a horrible mouse, and I hate that thing! :D)

In fact with a regular mouse, you *can't* activate that gesture, as anything you click on is a value field which just alters the value anyway. I have to double-finger swipe left on the trackpad to delete that way, which is not a gesture I can accidentally trigger under normal use.

I use a magic mouse 2.

I'll try using another mouse.

Or perhaps try tinkering with its settings...

Thanx for your input!

for me the problem is most prevalent with the trackpad of the MacbookPro.

How do you trigger a swipe-delete gesture - for me, it's a two-finger drag to the left, which never gets in the way because I'm rarely using two-fingers on the track pad for anything. Are you maybe using a two-finger scroll up/down, but then going sideways in the course of that action and triggering a swipe-delete?

OMM the "swipe to delete" only happens on things in "the list" where the "thing in the list" can be edited with keystrokes. Events, and Tempos can be swiped away. Markers try really hard, but no, and Signatures just no.

I haven't used my Magic Mouse 2 (I really liked it) since I got the iMac 2 years ago. I don't have the issue on my trackpads, iMac, or MacBook Air. It certainly is a bit faster to swipe as opposed to 2-finger tap and choose delete.

Now I will be testing "swipe to delete or do something else unexpected" throughout the modern interface.