How to match imported audio to beat grid

tat.52
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hello I'm trying to analyse yung lean hoover for arrangement but in the second chorus it is not snapping to the right places even though the tempo is correct . I believe out of the 4 bars it's 1/4 behind but how to I solve this. The first chorus is on beat which is why I'm confused why the second chorus is not.

1. Beat mapping seems like a good idea but I'm sure the tempo is not changing .

2. Flex time is also good but I don't want to deform the original audio

1.thumb.png.93cf4797492c361e8fb0bcfbdc4f852b.png2.thumb.png.c6c09739bde34c4dd59c2dc583f4062c.png3.thumb.png.c8a85543b3b6b87ecd3071afdbcf7300.png4.thumb.png.b5cdf1a6313e6f2f9c0eca62be5713eb.png

• Solution

When the tempo is out, even fractionally, the beginning of the song might sound in time, but it will drift and the time differences will get bigger the further into the song you go.

When you line up the beginning, always check that it's lined up at the end too, and if not, you have some work to do. Logic has a range of tempo tools, so yes, take a look at th smart tempo workflow first - if it's a constant tempo song with defined beats, Logic should be able to get it right on fairly easily.