Best direction for me?

taico

My name is Tay I am new to this site and Logic. (*I use 10.3.2and i have Sierra) Can I submit screen shots with explanation? I want to thank David Nahmani for his email to me to join this group. There are a ton of videos on You Tube about how to do this and that. My first step is on how to use Alchemy to bring in a very simple one trk one 1sec sound. If there are any recommendations on this simple approach and how to eventually know that i have imported successfully in Alchemy I would be grateful.

Welcome.

I think you're looking to learn more about sampling in Alchemy. I've included a link below that might help, but if you search YouTube for 'Logic Alchemy sampling' you should find lots of other videos that will help you learn this great synth.

My first step is on how to use Alchemy to bring in a very simple one trk one 1sec sound.

I'm not sure what you mean. There are a few tutorials in the Logic manual that may help you get started: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/logicpro/lgsi9253871c/mac however if you have a specific idea in mind and want us to help, can you detail what you mean by one trk one 1sec sound? You can add screenshots here using the link I shared in my previous post.

Hello again David. Thank you much again. What I've decided to focus on right now is Alchemy. I do have a number of videos I downloaded on Alchemy and I think I should slow down in my brain and take it a step at a time. I hope to then better understand how Alchemy can be the best tool for me in my creating samples. I am trying to learn how I can (for example) sing a note, capture a bird sound etc and then make that the sound sample I can use as a new instrument. I realize there is a bit of trial and error..but I will take it a step at a time. In the future I will want to find out your cost for a lesson on a particular subject. The level of my knowledge is about a goal I want to achieve and being taught the step by step of how to accomplish it. All the best.

OK...thanks. Could you tell me what is the latest version I can download of Logic for Sierra or High Sierra? Or is 10.3.2 the limit? ....Also I cant find a place to upload a photo of myself which I think would be helpful. I see no facility in your website editor on how to do this. tai

Hello again Dave....Please understand. I wish I had more time to dive deep into EXS24 or Alchemy. I am getting a bit confused with going with the pieces of advice I am getting for putting together a sample....my voice or a one tone sample....birds etc. Thank you ...I found the convert to sample track under Tracks and now I am into the EXS24. If you dont mind David.....I value your answer here!.....Are you saying it would be best for me to focus on the EXS24 for what I want to accomplish? I will then do that. I am OK with studying but not to go down a bad street for what I want to do....thank you MUCH tai

• 3 months later...
Thank you all for your help. I am sorry if I didn't know I was including my screen shot...i thought i wasn't able. I am using Sierra and 10.3.2 Logic. ALL I want to do is ....when I pull in a music loop into my track...that I can learn step by step how to transpose the second region. Example: the region with the loop- is in c....now I want to make the 2nd region into f. Also in the Loops area- when i change the key in the area I can hear it change key....BUT in no way does it pull in with the new key. My Transpose in Regions inspector area offer NO option to transpose by semi-tones ONLY octaves. I know I have a lot to learn ...even with navigating thru logicprohelp. I deeply appreciate your attention and help.

Many thanks for the direction. I really appreciate it. Logic is a very very profound software. You mentioning to click just left of the arrows is really great. It seems to work as you say. It is amazing how easy it is for me to miss the fine points. I am trying to come off of DP.....Logic is a trip! Thanks again.