Strange level change on channel strip

JCA

Hi all.

I have an 808 kick that is a preset that uses the quick sampler. I have set the quick sampler main volume to be -12 db.

On my channel strip in the main area Ii have then set the volume to my desired position and I when I play the track I am getting about -5 to dbs. All good. I bounce it out but the 808 sounds very low in the mix. I reload my project, play it through and the kick is now saying minus 14 dbs. I then hit revert to saved project which should be the identical project to what i am now in and the one I bounced from, i play the track and the kick is now giving me the minus 5-6 dbs. I then set the channel strip to unity and went in to the quick sampler and set my volume there and this now seems to give consistent results. Does anyone have any idea whats happening here? There is no automation on anything. But just to recap.

I play the track it sounds good. Save the project and at some point the ouptut of the strip drops by a significant amount. I then revert to saved and it plays as expected. But it seems if I set the channel strip to unity and instead use the volume knob on the quick sampler to set my final output I get consistent results. Clueless as to what is happening here.

Thanks once again.

J.

HI. There no change on the fader. I have a midi key board connected but I am not using it. I am just mixing the track.

It has just happened again. I played the track the 808 was correct. I went and tweaked some other tracks played it again and the gain db is reading -15 as opposed to minus 6 ish. Save project revert to saved and it now is correct again.

Hi again. I have done that and no change. It is very strange. Here is the procedure and it is repeatable.

Track with 808 kick is - 6 to 7 dbs on strip with quick sampler providing the 808 on that strip main volume -12.

I go off and fiddle around with some other not connected tracks or do some automation or bounce out a version then replay the master and 808 is playing at about -15 to -18. There is no change to the fader or the master volume on the quick sampler. At this point i hit save. Just save and then select revert to saved and the 808 kick is back to playing at the correct volume. Could this be a bug? -12 on the QS + - 6 to 7 on the channel strip comes to about what it keeps erroneously jumping to. Just a wild guess cos nothing else makes sense. Ta.

J.