Set subdivisions for different parts of my project?

BCRichardson

It depends what the purpose of your need to change subdivisions. What David says above about changing the Division /16 or /8 etc in the Transport is true... globally but the way round it is via Beat Mapping manually.

ie Tap in a Midi Template on a drum sound and use that as the 'grid' which your metronome, score editor and piano roll all conform to. It is quite a mission to explain how it's done ... but here is an example of the result:

Yes, subdivisions of the beat, particularly between eighth note triplets (/12) and sixteenth notes (/16). If I want to have two sections of my arrangement change between these subdivisions (or "feels"), the only solution I can devise is using the signature and tempo tracks to create bars of 12/8 (for /12) at 1.5x the tempo of the other sections (/16). This keeps the pulse and backbeat consistent (though the metronome behaves a little oddly). What a crazy, inefficient system!

Yes, subdivisions of the beat, particularly between eighth note triplets (/12) and sixteenth notes (/16). If I want to have two sections of my arrangement change between these subdivisions (or "feels"), the only solution I can devise is using the signature and tempo tracks to create bars of 12/8 (for /12) at 1.5x the tempo of the other sections (/16). This keeps the pulse and backbeat consistent (though the metronome behaves a little oddly). What a crazy, inefficient system!

It's still not clear to me what your end goal is - are you playing/recording audio live or are you needing to make a Score from audio that exists including say live drums or drum loops?

If you are recording audio live, is it that you need the metronome click to change from 8th note triplets to 16ths etc ?

There is a possible solution if you create the rhythm track first with loops of your choice of metre/groove and then Beatmap the whole project which the Metronome would then follow...