Same problem on Audio Device

cocoroman

(this next paragraph is actually incorrect, see correction below by Fuzzfilth) When an interface is shown in between parenthesis in the Logic preference pop-up menus, it means that interface is no longer connected. Sometimes a driver presents itself as a new interface, so Logic thinks the old interface (in between parenthesis) is no longer connected and it offers to select the new interface (same name but not in between parenthesis), not knowing that it is indeed the same interface. That is a driver issue, so you may want to talk to Tascam about it, or just verify that you have their latest driver installed for your version of MacOS.

But in any case, you don't really have to worry about it, other than the slight nuisance of getting an alert every once in a while obviously.

When an interface is shown in between parenthesis in the Logic preference pop-up menus, it means that interface is no longer connected.

Not here. I see this:

- in normal conditions, all available drivers are listed, the active one has a checkmark:

274045215_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-02um11_09_10.png.4fc2478a12fe16726729ad2e3674e1b0.png

- if that driver is not available, another one will be temporarily selected, indicated by it being in parenthesis:

251674336_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-02um11_09_45.png.a761b647b11547e948d2622dea12ba9f.png

Actually, the takeaway bit here is that some devices indeed sometimes show up as 'new' devices with a slightly different name.

I have Fireface 800 (4AA) which sometimes, for no apparent reason, pops up as Fireface 800 (0), which duly trips Logic into dropping the 'old' and adopting the 'new', now in parentheses.

This has subtle consequences, like no input buttons on tracks or channels when a device in parentheses is active. There may be others, equally bizarre, but they escape me right now, maybe someone can fill in here.

I have Fireface 800 (4AA) which sometimes, for no apparent reason, pops up as Fireface 800 (0), which duly trips Logic into dropping the 'old' and adopting the 'new', now in parentheses.

This has subtle consequences, like no input buttons on tracks or channels when a device in parentheses is active. There may be others, equally bizarre, but they escape me right now, maybe someone can fill in here.

Ok, then that's pretty much what I remembered and was trying to describe (albeit poorly), and my experience was, also, based on an RME Fireface interface 800 (which apart from that issue was in my experience an amazing interface and rock-solid drivers).