how can i reverse a whole audio region without logic "flipping" the whole region backwards?

SoSpiro
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

sorry for the wording, but i'm trying to reverse a whole audio region but keep all of the audio in the same spot instead of logic reverse feature that takes the end of the audio region (the last note), then puts it in the beginning. i.e. in these images, this is what logic does, but i want the audio to be in the same spot it once was, but each part just reversed.

2028745469_ScreenShot2021-09-07at6_19_47PM.png.777b5a659419cd444700812391f407c8.png

1760220190_ScreenShot2021-09-07at6_19_42PM.png.71fe5c4ee0cb4297bfbeab880c12a89a.png

you want each phrase reversed? think you'd have to cut the region at the start of each phrase (or note), then highlight all of them and select reverse.

it only allows me to reverse one audio region at a time which can get tedious. i'm wondering if a plug in is better for this type of action.

[it only allows me to reverse one audio region at a time

To reverse all regions at once, select all the regions you've cut and in the Region inspector, open the "> More" disclosure triangle at the bottom, then select the "Reverse" checkbox.

exactly. (as i wrote" highlight all of them...").

i did this recently with an 8-measure piano loop. cut it into a bunch or regions, highlighted all, reversed. my collab was delighted. it's a great trick, but not sure how a plugin would be able to determine where to cut (altho, soon, with AI... maybe).

[it only allows me to reverse one audio region at a time

To reverse all regions at once, select all the regions you've cut and in the Region inspector, open the "> More" disclosure triangle at the bottom, then select the "Reverse" checkbox.

i did not know that existed! what a simple and neat trick for some variety and ambiance! thanks Dave.

exactly. (as i wrote" highlight all of them...").

i did this recently with an 8-measure piano loop. cut it into a bunch or regions, highlighted all, reversed. my collab was delighted. it's a great trick, but not sure how a plugin would be able to determine where to cut (altho, soon, with AI... maybe).

i was thinking more like a crystallizer kinda plug in where you can route it to it and it would reverse it or something. idk.