How to get rid of an incompatible plugin?

edurbrow
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I recently upgraded my system to El Capitan. Now every time I start Logic Pro, I get:

Incompatible Audio Units Found

While verifying Audio Unit compatibility, Logic Pro X encountered 1 Audio Unit plug-in(s) which did not pass the Apple AU validation. These plug-ins have been excluded from further usage in Logic Pro X to prevent possible problems or crashes. You can start the Plug-In Manager now to review the validation results or continue the startup process.

If I click PlugIn Manager, I can see one without a name right at the top of the screen shot. How do I get rid of it?

Today, for the first time, I don't know if I didn't notice it before - I don't think so actually, I think it happened today for the first time, I have a whole load of effects and plugins with a dash in the compatibility column. What does that mean?

1468139569_ScreenShot2021-09-11at8_41_01PM.thumb.png.c2de362e4c2807019c6e6a2a8030cee7.png

Any cure?

Thanks in advance.

• Solution

Find the plugin component file in either of the two plugin folders, and delete it, then restart Logic.

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

/Users/*you*/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

The dash means the compatibility is not an issue, as those "plugins" are Logic plugins and part of Logic, and therefore obviously not a compatibility issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Find the plugin component file in either of the two plugin folders, and delete it, then restart Logic.

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

/Users/*you*/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

I cannot find this plug-in. I looked in both those places, but there is no component with no name. Also, "Remove" is grayed out and won't function.

805529640_logiceffectscantremove.thumb.jpg.ad9cd23b2fc98b4690542631a04535a4.jpg

So JamOrigin MIDI Guitar is not an instrument?

I see that the "no name" effect file shows Jamorigin rather than JamOrigin.

Show us your Components folder...is there a JamOrigin subfolder? What's in it?

I trashed the MIDI guitar plug-in and the plist preference. Those were the only JamOrigin/Jamorigin files I could find and there was no subfolder. I did a search, including searching invisible files and those two files were the only ones that came up with JamOrigin or Jamorigin as a query. I quit and restarted Logic, but no change in behavior. I'm flummoxed.

Search doesn't search system files unless you explicitly ask it to, so search won't search your plugin component folders by default. You need to look manually, especially if you aren't sure what name to search for.

Edit: I downloaded the trial version of MIDI Guitar, and the AU plugin for Logic is called "MIDI Guitar 2.component"

From JamOrigin's website:

MIDI Guitar comes in two variants, a standalone application that supports hosting of VST/Audio instruments and effects that be used without any additional software installed and a VST/AudioUnit variant that can be used in with your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software.

That part about the standalone app being able to host plugins is tripping a red flag here.

Try a full uninstall. If an uninstaller was supplied, run that. If not do the usual drill...delete the standalone app then start looking in preferences for related files and delete those, too.

Good luck.

Search doesn't search system files unless you explicitly ask it to, so search won't search your plugin component folders by default. You need to look manually, especially if you aren't sure what name to search for.

Edit: I downloaded the trial version of MIDI Guitar, and the AU plugin for Logic is called "MIDI Guitar 2.component"

I used EasyFind to search. It will look for invisible files too. I checked just now with just .component and if finds lots with that suffix. However it did not find MIDI Guitar 2.component.

Arrrggghh.

Thanks.

From JamOrigin's website:

MIDI Guitar comes in two variants, a standalone application that supports hosting of VST/Audio instruments and effects that be used without any additional software installed and a VST/AudioUnit variant that can be used in with your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software.

That part about the standalone app being able to host plugins is tripping a red flag here.

Try a full uninstall. If an uninstaller was supplied, run that. If not do the usual drill...delete the standalone app then start looking in preferences for related files and delete those, too.

Good luck.

Good call. I searched it and used AppZapper to fully zap it. Unfortunately, I still get t jamming up my startup. I did a search for jamorigin and EZFind found one. It has a feature called Destroy, so I tried that. The unnamed plugin from Jamorigin is still showing up. Maybe I need to restart my Mac to be sure.

• 2 months later...