How to Join Loops so I can Fade at the End

slolay
Go to solution Solved by fisherking,

Hi ALL

I dragged over a loop from the apple loops, i then loop it say 20 times. I would like to fade it out at the end of the last loop but can only fade out the original loop at the front. ANy changes I make to the original loop then happens to say the 20 loops...so I get 20 fade outs!

Is there a way I can join the 20 loop instances together somehow and then do the fade out at the end?

Hope it makes sense

Thanks

Hi ALL

I dragged over a loop from the apple loops, i then loop it say 20 times. I would like to fade it out at the end of the last loop but can only fade out the original loop at the front. ANy changes I make to the original loop then happens to say the 20 loops...so I get 20 fade outs!

Is there a way I can join the 20 loop instances together somehow and then do the fade out at the end?

Hope it makes sense

Thanks

Easiest way, Right Click and choose "Convert loops to Real copy". then press J to join all small regions and add a fade out to the new region. I'd not bother Automation for this case ;)

• Like 1

And you can also stop the looping one short. Then add a copy of the first loop (that you’re repeating) for the end and fade that. This method is useful anytime along the timeline that you want to make individual changes to a loop they is repeating.

hmmm. this is what i already suggested. but am assuming you're confirming what i posted... 8-)

And you can also stop the looping one short. Then add a copy of the first loop (that you’re repeating) for the end and fade that. This method is useful anytime along the timeline that you want to make individual changes to a loop they is repeating.

Thanks. I decided to go with making them individual regions using ctrl+L. but good to know the others way too.

Edited by slolay

I joined the regions together to make one region, but I can't shorten the new track from the end of the region. I can lengthen it outwards but not shorten it. Any ideas please? I can shorten it from the front and then drag it backwards but would like to shorten it from the end.

I joined the regions together to make one region, but I can't shorten the new track from the end of the region. I can lengthen it outwards but not shorten it. Any ideas please? I can shorten it from the front and then drag it backwards but would like to shorten it from the end.

Worked it out! Was dragging the top half and should have dragged the bottom half.

hmmm. this is what i already suggested. but am assuming you're confirming what i posted... 8-)

We’ll I guess it is. Lol. I didn’t notice that’s what you said. But, yeah, what Fisherking said.