"Rise and Hit" sample library causes Logic to occasionally crash when loaded into project?

TimeForMusic

Hi All,

I have noticed already that my saved instrument patches for the Rise and Hit library are much larger in size than my other patches—while most saved patches are a few kb, every Rise and Hit patch I save is about 1.4 MB (this is also the case with Metropolis Ark III, but that's a different story).

I imagine there is something about the Kontakt interface for these libraries that is contributing to this.

With Rise and Hit, I will find that if I load a patch while Logic is still playing OR has just recently stopped playing (with some trailing sound still), the Kontakt progress bar will load to its max value before Logic completely freezes and requires me to force quit it.

This is a hinderance as knowing this behavior exists makes me reluctant to load Rise and Hit patches altogether, given the extra time required to get them into a project safely.

In other occasions, sometimes when opening a project that includes Rise and Hit samples, during loading these tracks will show the Kontakt progress bar load to max value and hold there for about three minutes before rolling to the next instrument. This seems to happen when I recently had another project open that included Rise and Hit samples.

Would anyone happen to know how to resolve this?

• 2 weeks later...
Besides, how much free space is there any left on your HD? I mean in terms of % of free space from its total capacity? Speaking of HD, is that an SSD or a mechanical one? Did you relocate the Kontakt to an external drive?

Libraries on an internal SSD with about 10% of its total capacity free.

Logic is known to misbehave when more than one project is open at once.?

Could you quote which part of my post you're referring to?

Besides, how much free space is there any left on your HD? I mean in terms of % of free space from its total capacity? Speaking of HD, is that an SSD or a mechanical one? Did you relocate the Kontakt to an external drive?

Libraries on an internal SSD with about 10% of its total capacity free.

To work properly, your computer HD should have more free space... Regardless of its total capacity, consider having at least 20%. And the smaller the HD capacity, the bigger % you should have. Also, RAM resource use comes into consideration...

Logic is known to misbehave when more than one project is open at once.?

Could you quote which part of my post you're referring to?

I probably misinterpreted your last paragraph...

In other occasions, sometimes when opening a project that includes Rise and Hit samples, during loading these tracks will show the Kontakt progress bar load to max value and hold there for about three minutes before rolling to the next instrument. This seems to happen when I recently had another project open that included Rise and Hit samples.