How to make Fader object visible outside the environment?

Markdu
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

As the title says. I have created a fader object in the environment to control expression (cc 11) and I want it to be visible in other places, namely the Tracks, Piano Roll and Mixer windows, or even just one of these. It is connected to a transformer which changes the midi message from one of my controller keyboard's sliders from cc 7 to cc 11. So I can now control and record the expression from the keyboard but would like to have a visible reference in Logic while doing so.

Hope that's clear.

• Solution

You can't add Environment objects to other classes of windows except Audio Objects and MIDI Instruments in both Mixer and Main Windows.

If you cabled the transforming Fader into the SequencerIn (which you have to in order to record it), you can see the converted data in the Transport window in Custom Mode:

11.gif.33d850daedb808eccd2237a660bd94eb.gif

Just one thing - I have done as you suggested yet the window 'position' sliders are still visible which means that although I've locked the screenset, when I go to another screenset and then come back to it the fader is in a different position in its window and no longer properly visible. How do I get it to look like yours, i.e. without those sliders and fixed in the centre of its window?

Here's what I mean:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-22.28.15.png

Those sliders being visible in the little window seem to mean that the position of the object doesn't remain fixed when I navigate between windows. At least that's what's happening here. Have read the relevant section in the manual but can't find how to make them disappear like they have in your example.