How do you increase the visible bar/measure count?

Maestro777
Go to solution Solved by gacki,

The question is simple enough. I have noted this randomly happening among my projects but not consistent nor specific to any 1 project in particular. I don't understand how or why it happens and up till now I've simply accepted it b/c I could just deal with the limited view and still complete my work.

But now I actually have need to add more measures to my comp and I can't determine how to increase the viewable area of the comp to do that.

I could guess and say that this perhaps only happens whenever I've imported stems from another project but it would be a guess at best.

My current project has 130 bars/measure of audio content. When I imported the audio, the total number of measures from the beginning to the end were calculated to exactly 130. This allowed me to work with the imported content without issue. However, I'd now like to add more measures and the only way I see to do that as a workaround is to dupe a track of audio from 1 of the last 16 or so bars by Option+Click and drag to the right. Logic then provides me with 16 bars of additional viewable area to work with. But I don't believe this is the proper way to get that additional real estate on the screen.

For example, if I were to create an empty project and now that I wanted to import stems that would occupy 150 bars of the screen; I would like to set the viewable area to show perhaps 200 bars so on importing my stems I'd have 50 additional viewable bars on my ruler. I don't want to import the stems and have my project end at exactly 150 bars and place me in a similar situation as I'm already in.

Is there an option somewhere to set how many bars of music for the project I'd like to have to avoid having to do it this way? I've searched through the Project settings and other areas of Logic that I'd have thought this type of setting would be but found nothing.

Thanks.

• Solution

Not sure if this is what you mean but there are different ways to set the project end:

1. You can add the "key/project end" setting (or whatever it is called in the English version) to the LCD and adjust the final bar there.

2. You can manually drag the project end:

1597361986_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-15um01_49_14.jpg.5a42239438e143b596949b68f300920a.jpg