Horizontal scroll and zoom stopped working

Joelbille
Go to solution Solved by MasonHamlinCC2,

Hi!

For ages I've been zooming and scrolling in various Logic Pro windows (including Arrange, Mixer, Piano roll) by pressing left shift and scrolling the mouse wheel. Suddenly this just stopped working. I can no longer scroll or zoom horizontally useing the mousewheel. There's keyboard shortcuts, sure, but I really enjoyed my decade long workflow of useing the mouse. Seems to be no settings for mouse behaviour in the key command window.

I recently "upgraded" to Big Sur and Logic Pro 10.6.3. Not sure if the problem started straight after the upgrade or a few days in.

Anybode else with this issue or any ideas of how to solve it?

/Joel

• 3 months later...
  • Solution

Hey Joelbille,

I'm not sure if you resolved your but I just updated from Catalina to Big Sur as well as Logic 10.7.2 and ran into the same issue. For me it turned out that USB Overdrive (latest version) was causing the issue. As soon as I uninstalled USB Overdrive Shift + Scroll for horizontal scrolling started working again. I now am running SteerMouse to get back my various mouse commands and it is working great within Logic and other apps as well.

Dave...

• Like 1