Project loads as modified

Perpetualnewb

I just purchased Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X 10.5 through the recent promotion. I have several projects upgraded from Logic Pro 9. I've been able to save all but one so that they load as unmodified (no dot in the red close button at the upper left corner of the window). The one is stubborn and always loads as modified, so that if I close it without making any changes, I'm still prompted to save or close without saving. Why can't I save it so that it won't open with modified status already engaged? Thanks.

I didn't get a reply yet, so I investigated further. It appears that the project isn't actually opening as modified, but if I open another project in front of it without closing it, it becomes modified when I click "Don't close" when opening the next project. It's the only project among the group of about 11 that I frequently keep open simultaneously that becomes modified by opening another in front of it, however. In case you're wondering, I have an automation macro that opens all 11 projects that way, but the situation doesn't seem to depend on whether I use the macro. This must be related to the Logic Pro X's partial support for having multiple projects open at once. I refer to it as "partial support" because it's not possible to select multiple projects in an Open dialog, nor is it possible to open multiple projects by selecting all of them in a Finder window then double-clicking one, or choosing Open from the File menu. AFAIK, it's also not possible to disable the prompt to leave the current project open when opening another.

Another question might be why I open so many Projects at once. The only other way I know of to open a playlist so that each item to be played must be started manually rather than starting automatically is to use MainStage, and I've had enough unexpected events occur with every version of MainStage I've tried (including the latest), that I'm reluctant to use it for that.

Okay, but only one gets modified.

This multiple project corruption bug is random and unpredictable. It can manifest in many ways from hardly noticeable, to completely replacing or changing audio objects in the project, and more.

It's such a severe problem that many people are surprised that it either hasn't been fixed, or if it's too challenging to fix, then the ability to load more than one project hasn't been removed (you can always use the Project Import tool to get data from one project into another, so the ability to load multiple projects isn't that necessary anyway).

Thanks, everyone.

I've revised my macro (Keyboard Maestro) so that the projects are opened for use one at a time, the next being opened automatically when the previous is closed. I do wish for a resolution to the partial adherence to the interface guideline which calls for multiple documents being able to remain open at once. Maybe I'll submit Feedback. I'm certainly not the first to recognize the incongruity.