Slow Plug In Load Time on Mac Pro 2019

logandrum

Hello All,

After 10 years with a 12 Core Mac Pro, I took the plunge and I upgraded to a 2019 16 Core Mac Pro. :)

These are the specs:

3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2933 DDR4 RAM

OS Big Sur 11.6

LPX 10.6.3

So while it's a blazing fast machine overall I could not help but notice that some plugins take longer to load than they did on my 12 Core running High Sierra. And I don't mean during a session with tons going on. I mean just creating a new software instrument track and then adding one software instrument.

On some, I even see the spinning beach ball wheel until they open.

I know the RAM is low, but this was what came stock with this machine. I intend to add more, but I was never going to buy RAM from Apple.

Could this be due the plugins not being 11.6 ready? Which would have less to do with the processor on the computer correct?

I had two Arturia plugins crash Logic upon opening them and when I reached out to Arturia as to why this was happening they said:

"The V Collection 3 is a quite old (2012) version of our software instruments, and won't be supported by Big Sur.

So because of that, and the fact that the V Collection 3 hasn't been tested on this recent OS, we cannot guarantee that it will work."

Strange because there were only 2 plugins out of the V Collection that acted this way, the rest seem to work.

Tons of plugins do open up immediately, but it just seems more obvious on this new machine when the ones that don't open immediately...well don't open quick enough. Logic shows a loading plugins bar as they open.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Definitely a slight blue ball that this would be happening on such a beast of a computer.

Thank you so much for your help :)

Logan