Stereo Output Channel In Logic Pro ???

Pianoworldstage

It's the channel strip that is controlling the signal routed to outputs 1 and 2 on your interface, that are routed to your left and right speaker, respectively. When you route your tracks to your Stereo Out channel strip in Logic's mixer, you're summing those tracks to mix them together so that you can hear the mix on your speakers.

It's the channel strip that is controlling the signal routed to outputs 1 and 2 on your interface, that are routed to your left and right speaker, respectively. When you route your tracks to your Stereo Out channel strip in Logic's mixer, you're summing those tracks to mix them together so that you can hear the mix on your speakers.

I only work with monitor headphones to mix and record, no monitor speakers at present. Does that mean the stereo out channel strip is irrelevant in my productions until i begin to use speakers?

Yes, as long as you plan to create mono mixes.

If you upgrade to stereo, which the world did in the 60s of the last century (including some slightly rough but nonetheless endearing early attempts by the Beatles and others), you will need the Stereo Out, as it does what David covered already and it also has the magical Bounce button which you need to write your stereo mix into an audio file.

I only work with monitor headphones to mix and record, no monitor speakers at present. Does that mean the stereo out channel strip is irrelevant in my productions until i begin to use speakers?

No, it's the same whether you're using headphones or speakers, really. Your audio regions are located on tracks in your Tracks area. The tracks are assigned to a channel strip, and the channel strip have an output setting. If you do not route the audio to an output, then the audio stops there and doesn't come out of Logic. You need to route the audio to a pair of outputs, typically Output 1-2 (called simply "Stereo Out" in Logic Pro) in order to route the audio to the channels 1 and 2 on your audio interface. In turn your audio interface routes channels 1 and 2 to the left and right channels of your headphones. Even if your only interface is the Mac's built-in headphone output, it is the same routing.

So basically, in order to hear something when working in Logic, you need to route it to Stereo Out.