Need help with loop production workflow

dpinion76

Hello everyone,

I really enjoy recording and mixing in Logic, but I am struggling to find a good workflow for projects I am currently working on. I am producing multitrack audio that is exported out and sent to a company that then allows others to purchase the tracks to use for performance backing. So the tracks that I send them need to be separate, but also need to have all FX/automations embedded. So essentially I need to do a mix down without actually mixing down to a stereo file.

End users need to be able to load up all the audio files I send out, and have it sound exactly as I have mixed it (they will have the ability to "mix" each audio file by adding/removing them or changing levels, but no FX/etc...).

I hope I have explained this process well enough, but feel free to ask any questions. I have done a lot of searching and reading but am still struggling to understand what a good workflow for this looks like.

I assumed I would create stacks for like instruments and once done those stacks would be bounced out as audio files and include FX/automation, but that is not currently happening. I seem to be getting the raw audio only.

Using logic 10.6.3

if you have several instances of a reverb (even the same reverb, with the same settings), they're not all going to respond in exactly the same way, in the same moment (well, they might be close).

try it, use your ears, see how it all sounds. but, basically, 12 instances of the same reverb is not the same as 12 instruments going into one reverb.

if you want the same percentage of reverb on all the tracks in a stack, then yes, that would work.