Channel EQ keeps popping up on one track

hecksome

I'm switching it from channel EQ to "no plug-in"

Ok. And then is the plug-in successfully removed as expected? At what point does a new EQ channel plug-in pop-up? A few ms later, one second later? Or when you're performing an operation? Is the plug-in reloaded in the same slot where you removed it from, or another slot?

Chances are high this is some kind of pilot error, so the key in resolving this is to pay close attention to what you're doing (what keys you're pressing, what operations you're performing with your mouse, what devices are connected to your Mac and what you're doing with them....) at the time when the plug-in is "automatically" reloaded.

Yeah, it happens instantly, 1 ms or whatnot. It doesn’t visibly delete.

I’ll mess around with unplugging stuff. The only thing I can think of is I think at some point I used one of the knobs on my arturia keylab to automate the eq bands. I thought I removed that automation, but perhaps not!

Thanks for the help everyone! Will report back

I’ll mess around with unplugging stuff. The only thing I can think of is I think at some point I used one of the knobs on my arturia keylab to automate the eq bands. I thought I removed that automation, but perhaps not!

That's easy to test: choose Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces. Now try to remove the Channel EQ plug-in?

Ok, it's not the control surfaces, and it IS specific to this one template. It's happening even when the Arturia and external synth (Hydrasynth) connected by USB are off.

Worst case scenario is I rebuild this template, I suppose, so that's not horrible...

Watching the plugin re-insert itself, it's a bit less than one second actually.